No, I have not written a mistake! We are on "Potato Holiday" this week! In the old days, "fall break" was called Potato Holiday because the famlies needed their children at home to help harvest the potatoes! In more modern days, the name has changed to "Fall Holiday". Typically, fall break occurs in week 42 and begins with Culture Night in the bigger cities on the Friday night before week 42 starts. The schools are closed during Fall Holiday and the movie theatres have many movie premieres for the kids. So.... I LOVE potatoes because I have 5 days of "free time" this week!
Dog.... jeg er altid en ELEV fra min hoved til mine tåer, så jeg spurgte den Sprogskole bibliotekar at give mig esktra dansk hjemmearbejde at lave denne uge! :o)
However.... I am always a STUDENT from my head to my toes, so I asked the Language school librarian to give me extra Danish homework to do this week! :o)
Jeg har mange ting på min list denne uge:
I have many things on my list this week:
1. Polstre en stol vi har .... Reupholster a chair we have
2. Plukke æbler fra min klassekammerats have ... Pick apples from my classmate´s yard
3. Tage en køretur med min svigermor ... Take a driving tour with my mother-in-law
4. Planlægge vores kostumer på Nicholes Halloween Fest ... Plan our costumes for Nichole´s Halloween Party
5. Plante efterår blomster i haven... Plant fall flowers in the yard
6. Fejre på onsdag "2 år siden, mødte jeg min Viking"! ... Celebrate on Wednesday "2 years ago I met my Viking!"
7. Tage Monica til hendes først "Bilka oplevelse" ... Take Monica to her first "Bilka experience"