If you google "redneck jokes", it seems that 2 groups of folks consistently come up in the google search results: TEXANS and CAJUNS! So either way, I am doomed!
My morning routine looks a great deal like the routine of most: bathroom, toothbrush, coffee, shower.
However my sweet Viking has one extra agenda item that he does each morning---he reads his Jeff Foxworthy "You might be a Redneck" Calendar quote of the day. I always know when he is reading it because I hear a loud laugh coming from upstairs! So in our house there are lots of references to the redneck way of life. (The really awful times, however, are when Mads does not understand the reference that Foxworthy has made in the day's quote and I have to explain it......and realize how REDNECK some of the things we do down south REALLY are!)
There are things like:
You might be a redneck if.....
- Your idea of a romantic gift is HIS and HERS matching camouflage vests.
- You used your "one phone call in Jail" to call and check the NASCAR results.
- You stare at a can of Orange Juice because it says "concentrate".
- You see a sign that says "Say no to Crack" and it reminds you to pull your jeans up.
- Your idea of going formal is a BLACK pick-up truck.
And it goes ON AND ON.
However, I have been complaining about the HEAT in Texas so much the last 36 hours that my dad decided to send me a picture of something that might help if I get REALLY HOT....
REDNECK OVERALLS designed to
keep you cool in the Texas heat: