All of us in Denmark for a VARIETY of reasons....
a few because they were born here...
others who moved here for love....
others who moved here for work...
and still others who moved here to study and then found love along the way.....
But no matter what brought us here, all of us have found ourselves living in Midtjylland Denmark in December 2011.
I looked around that room last night and felt really COMFORTABLE.
That adjective may not be such a big word to many of you, but in my opinion, it is VERY POWERFUL in the expat world.
No one was trying to impress anyone else.
No one was trying to entertain anyone else.
And no one was left out for any reason.
The "conversation groups" kept changing throughout the night from:
- the men gathered around the buffet being manly to
- the ladies gathered on the sofas ooing and ahhing over how cute our youngest group member is to
- a handful of us gathered to talk about basketball to
- a handful gathered to talk about random experiences in DK the past few weeks to
- a handful gathered to play with the dogs to
- a handful gathered around the tv to watch Real Madrid kick butt to
- a handful gathered in the kitchen to talk about work to
- a handful gathered to just sit... not worrying about filling in the silence with words because we are THAT comfortable with each other.
And as I looked around that room knowing that each of those people had come into my life at different points over the last 3 1/2 years, I realized that I really am COMFORTABLE in my life in Midtjylland Denmark.
And that is my Christmas wish for all of you.
That no matter where you live or what you do on a daily basis, that you are COMFORTABLE in your life.....
I don't think you can hope for much more than 'comfortable'. Glad you found it, and looking forward to finding it myself here as well.
You are so lucky!
Comfortable is such a glorious thing!
Having to keep on crusading and reminding yourself and the blog readers of your 'comfort'in Denmark, is rather unreal, and no matter where one is, life is just not like that...but you I gather are an exception to the rule! 3½ years...time will tell.
You know you are among friends when it feels that good!
Post a Comment