Just how big IS Texas?
Yes, I have told you before that it would take 18 Denmarks to make 1 Texas.
Or you could take 1.5 Germanies to do it... but do non-Texans really get how big that is?
Here is something a bit more concrete to help because after all, what does 18 Denmarks REALLY look like??
We will see 95% of my family while we are in Texas for Christmas (the other 5% is my sister and her fam who will be in Colorado this holiday). But it is not like coming to Herning and saying that you will drive around the country to see everyone.... because remember, TEXAS IS BIG. :-)
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Friday, December 23, 2011
At this point, we will have slept in three different cities in three nights... and we will have racked up 497 driving miles (AKA 800km). To give you a frame of reference..... To drive from Herning, Denmark to Paris, France is 750km.. and we have only been driving in a
SMALL SECTION of Texas!
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
We will fly the 5000 miles back to Denmark..... just in time to rescue our
house sitters so they can go and have their own fun time on NYE!
But before we board that plane, let's look at our total trip of 1028 miles (1654km)
so you can see just how much of Texas we DID NOT see.....
So when we talk about everything being bigger in Texas, we ARE NOT KIDDING!
Merry Christmas Travels!