The show is called "Touch" and stars Kiefer Sutherland. The pilot was televised last week on Fox; however the actual premiere of the series is not until March 18.
- If you think Kiefer Sutherland's life-defining role was as Jack Bauer in 24 (as I did), you MUST watch this show.
- If you are (or have ever been) an educator (or anyone that works with kids), you MUST watch this show.
- If you or someone you know was PERSONALLY affected by 9/11, you MUST watch this show.
- If you know ANYONE that has a child with autism, you MUST watch this show.
- OR if you believe in the INTERCONNECTEDNESS amongst mankind, you MUST watch the show.
I have been profoundly effected by the 40-something minutes that the pilot lasted to the point that my heart felt truly gripped...... the tears ran down my face as a myriad of emotions ran through me.
Flashes of a 7 year old boy named Tyler G ran through my mind as I remembered the hours we spent together in the mid 90s, my striving toward the smallest recognition that he understood the things I was trying to teach him... and as the show ended, I remember those few, yet PRECIOUS, moments when he and I connected. Tyler is in his early 20s and I was reminded today, as I watched this show, that he taught me WAY more about mankind and human connections than I ever taught him about language and words.
Please do yourself a favor.
Watch the pilot of TOUCH.
If you live outside of the US and cannot see it on Fox.com, you can watch it here:
It will be the best 40-something minutes you spend all week. I promise.