I have been compiling a list of all the things that I want Mads to experience during his first official summer in Texas.
(and yes, he WILL be living in Texas by summer although we are not quite ready to officially announce the move date just yet! Hang on a little longer!)
My list consists of things he has never experienced before even though he has been in Texas no less than a dozen times and already seen and done a LOT!
1. Visiting the bats under the Congress Avenue Bridge in Austin
2. Going to his first CRAWFISH BOIL
3. Going to the lake on a Sunday afternoon just to HANG OUT
4. Sitting on our back porch (ideally in our rocking chairs) as many evenings as possible just listening to the crickets chirp
5. Tubing on the Comal River
6. Going to a concert at Gruene Hall
7. Going to see "Texas" (the musical) in Palo Duro Canyon
8. Attending the Original Texas Ranch Round-Up
Then I have another list that has things that are not necessarily for summer 2013, but they are DEFINITELY on my list!
9. Friday night football cheering for the local high school team (as many Friday nights as possible)
10. Experiencing his first A&M game at Kyle Field
11. First Monday in Canton (ideally at Christmastime)
12. Going to his first Chili Cook-off
13. Visiting the Johnson Space Center
14. Staying at a B&B in Fredericksburg
15. Driving across the border to eat BBQ crabs in Starks, Louisiana like I used to do with MoMo Fontenot
16. Stopping along I-35 next spring to take pictures in the bluebonnets WITH CORRIE
And perhaps most importantly, experiencing Thanksgiving for the first time IN TEXAS. All of his Thanksgivings so far have been in Denmark, and I cannot wait for him to have the FULL experience that starts with the pie baking on Wednesday morning, and continues with the cornbread dressing preparation on Wednesday night, then the parade on Thursday morning, the MEAL with all of us gathered around the same table and Mads carving the turkey, the Cowboy game on Thursday afternoon, the LEFTOVERS, and then waking up for his first Black Friday ever.
It's all gonna be amazing.
And I cannot wait.